Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Found Treasure







I'm still rummaging around in the storage shed, going through Mama's collections.  I ran into a box full of these tumblers, each still in it's individual original box!  There are nine of them, all in mint condition.  

I did some research and discovered that these glasses were given to new customers by banks.  Remember when banks gave toasters as incentives?  The tumblers were the incentive gifts in the 1980's.  

Now, I hated the 1980's (for my own personal reasons), but apparently Mama loved the banks in that era, because how else could she have collected these?  Wait!  I know!  Mama had five sisters and I bet they ganged up on the banks (they were always helping each other get free stuff).

Check out these and other crystal items I have to offer on my eCrater store.  I also offer a variety of vintage glass, pottery and china.


No comments: