Sunday, March 25, 2012

Reading to Nourish My Soul



I love to read!  My tastes in literature are as eclectic as my tastes in music.  Currently I am reading Spiral Dance by Star Hawk.  Originally published in 1979, the subtitle is "A Rebirth of the Ancient Religion of the Great Goddess."  I'm learning a lot about myself as a woman and nourishing my woman's soul by reading this book (which is saying a mouth full for an old woman)!

I have shelves and shelves of books ranging from fictional history, horror, and anthologies to women's studies, religions, recipes and crafting.

Horror, did I say?  I'm very selective on that subject.  My favorite author of horror is Stephen King, who has evolved into an author who, well yes, writes about some horrifying scenarios, but addresses good versus evil as I believe exist in our world and how they manifest in human behavior.

I also love to have the "bejesus" scared out of me!  Reading The Exorcist while alone on vacation and staying in a cabin in the woods certainly did the trick!  It was storming late one night as I was reading the climax (this was almost 40 years ago) and a crack of lightning and thunder sent me straight up out of my chair, out onto the porch, and I barely stopped myself from tearing outside into the storm!  (I really get caught up in reading.)  I was scared and I loved it!

I'm currently going through my book collection and "culling" those I'm willing to part with.  I only have a couple of cookbooks offered on eCrater, but that will soon change.  Having read my general tastes in literature, aren't you curious to see what I'll list?  Keep an eye on my store.  You just might be surprised (she said with a sly smile).

In the meantime, be sure to check out the great listings of books from eCrater sellers at eCrater Stores Network:  www.ecrater.ning.com.  There's so much to choose from!

http:://4myself.ecrater.com
www.ecrater.ning.com                           Belton's Favorite Recipes

                                                                             



1 comment:

Linda said...

Awesome post. Love the scary part. Can just see it as you described!